Income Tax Reform
- Lowered income tax rates for many Rhode Islanders.
- Eliminated the flat tax for the highest earners to help attract new business.
- Estimated savings for RI taxpayers next year: more than $4 million.
School Funding Formula
- Supported the school funding formula providing Pawtucket with approximately $7 million in additional funding.
Aid to Small Businesses
- Supported legislation that eases and expedites the permit and licensing process for businesses.
- Required Economic Development Corporation to hold four seats on its board for small businesses.
Revitalize Downtown Pawtucket
- Many buildings in our city remain unoccupied. By providing tax incentives, we can attract new businesses, fill these empty buildings and get people working again.
Clean & Renewable Energy
- I will continue to advocate for legistlation that encourages the development of renewable energy projects and creates jobs in the green sector.
- I will continue to work for stricter oversight so legislators are subject to the Ethics Commission, ensuring those who represent us at the State House have our best interests in mind.